Everybody loves pasta. Or at least most of the population is okay with it. I can say that I love it. I have lived in Rome for two years and what can I say… I gained few kg after the first few months. I tried to collect many inspirations over there when it was about food and luckily, I’ve learned some things. Let’s see few of them.
Well, if you want perfect pasta the basics are the most important. Your water has to taste like sea. What does it mean? Nothing fishy, don’t worry. Put lots of salt in your boiling water! It will make your pasta sing. Seriously. The other thing is, that you need to save some of your pasta-cooking-water and add it to the sauce. It will make it super creamy and tasty.
These tricks are very good and actually working. However, when you are on a diet, which doesn’t allow any gluten then you need to find a solution. If you haven’t experienced with no-wheat pasta before, then you need to find your all-time favourite. My tip is, if you are able to, buy every kind of pasta from the stores, which are gluten and wheat free and taste them. There’s no other way to find your favourite.
I am still experimenting, but this chickpea pasta was seriously good. It almost tastes like ‘normal’ pasta. But! Finally, Let’s see the recipe. I must say it’s not difficult at all. If you follow my instructions, I promise you that you won’t fail.
Ingredients (vegan option too!) for 2-3
- 300g chickpea pasta
- 250g meatballs (organic, from a store) (leave it out for vegan option)
- cherry tomatoes (as much as you prefer)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 big cloves of garlic
- 100 ml rice cream
- 2 tsp dry basil
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- handful of fresh parsley
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- Put the water to boil in a pot for the pasta. Add salt.
- Peal one clove of garlic, smash it into a skillet (on medium heat) with olive oil in it. Add the dried herbs as well and fry them for few minutes. If you do it like this, than you have the maximum of the tastes of these ingredients.
- Chop the onion in fine pieces and add to the skillet. Fry it until it’s ready.
- Add the meatballs and cook them completely. If you add the coming ingredients too early, then you and up with raw meatballs, so be careful. If you need to, take one out and cut it in half.
- While the meatballs are cooking, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook it al dente. Check the package how many minutes you need to cook them! Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Take some water from the pasta in a separate cup (5-6 tbsp) and put it aside. you’ll need it for the sauce. Add the tomatoes to the meatballs and cook them a bit. After few minutes add the rice cream and the saved pasta water as well. Simmer it for few minutes.
- In another skillet put some olive oil and fry the other clove of garlic (smashed) in it. Add the cooked pasta too and fry it for another 2-3 minutes. Constantly stir it.
- Turn off the heat under the pasta and add the sauce. Mix them together. Chop the fresh parsley and mix it with everything.
That’s it! it takes like 30-40 minutes and you’ll end up with super tasty pasta. I think it is a pretty good deal. 😉 I was also brave enough to show a step-by-step performance in my InstaStories (@marcsisplate). If you go to my Instagram profile, you can check my highlights and watch the whole cooking process.
I hope you’ve enjoyed it! Have a nice day!