Although, it is not summer anymore, but we can enjoy ratatouille any time of the year if we can find ingredients with good quality. This meal is a perfect harmony of zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper and onion. I am going to share you one of my recipe of this delicious dish.
This version of ratatouille is the comfort looking one what you can eat it in several ways. You can serve it with rice, potato, meat, however you would like to. This is a completely vegan food, but can be meaty too. The other version is the pretty one. I’ll share that with you too later on.
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 eggplant
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 onions (or one big)
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2-3 tsp sweet paprika powder
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Cut the zucchini, the eggplant, the bell peppers and the tomatoes in medium sized cubes before you start cooking. Put the tomatoes in a separate bowl. Chop the garlic and the onion (you can also cut it in wedges). It’s better to prepare everything, then you can just drop the ingredients in the pot in the right time.
- Put some olive oil in a big pot then add and fry the zucchini, the eggplant and bell pepper for like 5 minutes. Take them out of the pot into a bowl and put it aside.
- Add a bit more olive oil, and then add the garlic, the onion, the basil and the thyme. Fry them too for 5 minutes. Like this, you will have the maximum taste of these herbs.
- Put the veggies back into the pot, the fresh and the tinned tomatoes and fry them a bit more. Add the salt, the sweet paprika powder and the pepper as well. Stir it well to mix it completely together.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for 30-35 minutes. Sometimes stir it a bit. After that, check the vegetables that they are completely tender. When they are ready, turn off the heat.
That’s it! Plate it with anything you would like to. It’s also delicious by itself. Enjoy it!
Have fun with cooking!