I am here with another soup recipe! I was planning to do another kind of cauliflower soup and I’ve checked a lot of recipes. Well, in the end, I mixed them together and this delicious spiced cauliflower soup turned out.
It has so many tastes packed in with a great harmony that you will definitely want to grab another bowl. These spices lifted this healthy vegetable on the next level. Easy to make, great to eat and it’s a perfect autumn comfort food. Let’s see the recipe!
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 small carrots (or 2 medium)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground (dry) ginger
- 50 ml rice cream
- olive oil
- Chop the onion into small pieces, cut the cauliflower and the carrots in medium pieces. You don’t need to worry about how it looks like, because in the end you will blend it.
- Pour olive oil in a soup pot, 4-5 tbsp and turn up the heat. Add the garlic, the turmeric, the cinnamon, the cumin, the pepper and the ginger. Fry them for few minutes. Like this, you can get the maximum of the tastes of these spices.
- Add the onion and sauté it. After few minutes add the cauliflower and the carrot pieces too and cook them for 5 minutes.
- Fill the pot with warm water. The vegetables need to be just under the water. If you put more, than the soup will be too watery. Add some salt as well. Cook it until everything is soft (30-40 minutes). You can easily check it with a fork.
- Blend everything and add the rice cream. Cook it for 5 more minutes and you’re done!
You can plate it with some chopped parsley or if you are not vegan feel free to use fried bacon. It is also delicious with this meal. I honestly hope you will try it and love it as much as I do. I also gave it for someone, who hates cauliflower and actually enjoyed this version of it.
Have fun with cooking!