Imagine, it is Saturday morning and you are about to go to the market (or Tuesday, we also have it then, in Eindhoven). There are fresh fish stands and you can pick so many things even big crabs. I’m lucky to say that these markets here are really good,
On Tuesdays, you can go to Septemberplein in Eindhoven. There is a big stand with very good fish. If you are working and can’t make it there, on Saturday you can go to Woenselse Markt and find whatever you need. Seriously. There are so many things to buy, that you cannot complain of anything.
Therefore, one day I was at one of these markets and grabbed a beautiful big piece of trout. It’s one of my favourite fish. I mean I love almost every kind, but this is very good. Moreover, if you want to bake it in one piece, then it is so easy to do. They clean your fish at the market you just need to wash it, season it and drop it in the oven. In this recipe, I am going to share you how to do it.
Ingredients (for two)
- 1 big trout
- 10-12 small yellow potatoes
- 5 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 handul parsley
- 4 tbsp coconut butter
- smoked salt (optional)
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- First, preheat the oven to 190 degrees (Celsius). Then put the potatoes in a pot of water. Do not peal or cut them, just wash them a little. Add salt to the water. Cook them at least for 40 minutes. The time also depends on the size of the potatoes. It can be less or more. Check them with a fork. When they are tender, they are good.
- Prepare the butter. It needs to be soft, so put it out from the fridge in time. Then you can easily mix it with the herbs. Peel one garlic and smash it into the butter. Chop the parsley finely and add it too. Mix them together and put it aside.
- Get some aluminium foil which is longer than the trout (5-5 cm both ends) and pour some olive oil on it. Place the trout there. Massage some oil on it. Put and massage smoked (or normal) salt inside the trout. It will give your fish a very nice taste.
- Slice the lemon and the two cloves of garlic. Put them in the trout and then stuff it with the parsley. If you have leftover lemon slices, you can place it on the trout. Ground some pepper in and outside.
- Wrap the trout in the foil and put it on the side of the baking sheet which has baking paper on it already.
- When the potatoes are ready, take them out from the water and place them on the baking sheet. Smash them a bit with a clean glass. Brush the herby butter on it and then sprinkle it with generous amount of salt.
- Cut the shallots into halves and put them between the potatoes.
- Bake this for 15-20 minutes, then open the foil and grill them for another 5 more minutes.
That’s it! If you want to make it, on my Instagram account (@marcsisplate) check my Highlights and you can watch how I’ve made it. If you did, please share the result with me, I am curious how it turned out and how you liked it. Enjoy it!
Have nice time with cooking!