There are the main meals what you have to eat every single day. But, what about the time in between? Well, those who can control himself or herself and not snacking or anything amaze me, but I’m not that kind of person. I always need to have something around, otherwise I’m starving. (Except when I’m working, then I even forget the main meals to get…) Today, I am going to share a recipe with you which is healthy, fills you yet delicious.
Bill balls are kind of all over the social platforms, when it’s about healthy snack. However, I always read about them, I have never done it before. At all. What you see now it’s my very first try. It is easy to make you don’t need to cook it at all (except the apple puree if you want to make it by yourself, but you can also buy it at the supermarket or biological shops. In the Netherlands basically anywhere). These spiced apple cinnamon bliss balls are gluten free, dairy free, vegan and doesn’t contain any refined sugar. Now, let’s see the recipe of them!
Ingredients (25 balls)
- 4 apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp grounded cardamom
- ¼ tsp grounded anise
- 100 ml water
- maple syrup (optional)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 3 big tbsp apple puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First step is to make your very own spiced apple puree, if you are willing to. This one is sooo delicious and has a perfect autumn vibe. So, wash and peal the apples (I used Pink Lady, it has a little sour taste but still sweet so you do not need any sweetener in your pure but this is all personal preference). Cut them into little cubes then put it in a pan.
- Add the spices and mix it completely with the apples. Turn on the heat and cook it for few minutes. Stir it sometimes.
- Pour the water into the plan and cover it. Let it simmer on medium heat until the apples are completely soft. You can check it with a fork. Taste the apples, if it’s too sour for you, then use maple syrup to make it sweeter. I didn’t needed it, but as I said it depends on your own taste.
- Turn off the heat and use a hand blender to give it a puree consistency. Put it in a jar let it cool down.
- Measure the two cups of rolled oats. Blend them until it looks like a flour. You can use a food processor.
- When it’s done add the other ingredients, all in one time, and blend them together until you get a nice kind of dough. if it is too sticky, you can add more oats. Take the dough out and let’s form the balls.
- I used extra cinnamon powder and when I had a ball form, I rolled it a bit in it. Like this, you can store them later together and they won’t stick at all. However, be careful with it. Too much cinnamon can be overpowering.
- Put them on a plate and put them in the fridge a bit.
You can have these during the day as a snack. Even when they are out of the fridge, they will keep their shape and stay firm. You can also use the leftover apple puree however you want to. It is delicious with your oatmeal, pancakes or waffle. You can even eat it with yoghurt or with meat. You have so many options!
I hope this recipe inspires you. It is delicious and healthy!
Have a nice day!