Yes, you guessed well! It’s weekend again so oatmeal is coming again! Sorry, not sorry, it has so many options and it is delicious with (almost) any kind of ingredients you choose. You can top it with any kind of fruits, compotes, dried healthy sweets, nuts, jams, even granola for a little crunchiness. This week is still about autumn (like a lot more others) so let’s see what we have now.
Last weekend, my friend was here, and I thought I make a pretty and delicious oatmeal for us to start our Sunday. We were about to go for shopping so we needed the energy. 😛 Of course I ‘had to’ take some photos of it, to share it with you too, so she needed to wait a bit but we all ended up super happy about it. It was tasty, heart-warming and we weren’t hungry for a while. Here is the recipe of this beautiful cinnamon oatmeal, topped with plums.
Ingredients for 2
- 700 ml coco-rice milk
- 9 tbsp oat bran
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4-5 plums
- dried mulberries for topping
- Cut the plums in half and take the seeds out. Cut them into little cubes.
- Put them in a pot with 2 tbsp maple syrup and 2 tsp cinnamon. Stir it and cook it for few minutes.
- Make the oatmeal. Pour the milk in another pot and warm it up. Add 2 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix it together then add the oat bran.
- Cook it until it’s creamy.
- Plate it in a bowl, top it with the plum, mulberries and a little bit of popped quinoa.
I hope you enjoy your weekend!
Have a nice time with cooking!