Happy Monday, everyone! When it is the first day of the week, you need coffee. A lot. However, I had a very relaxing weekend, where I was mostly cooking, baking and doing things with my blog/Instagram, I always need a big cup of coffee. Well, it is autumn as well. What does it mean? Pumpkin spice latte!
I always loved the Starbucks version of it, and I had to have it every year when they were selling it. There is no difference in this year either. However, I needed to ask it with oat milk. I know, it is full with sugar, but I couldn’t help myself. Then I though. Of course I can, I just need to do it myself!
I saw lots of recipes, read a lot of them, and ready to create my very own pumpkin spice latte. It is completely dairy free and refined sugar free! Even like that, it tastes perfect! I was a big fan of normal cow milk with coffee, I couldn’t ever imagine that I will like my usual morning drink with anything else. Now it seemed to be changed. I don’t miss it anymore and I’m happy with this option. Especially, after I found soy whipped cream. The whole world turned around for me. I used the one from Alpro, I whipped it and it just tastes like the normal one. So perfect! Here is the recipe:
Ingredients for two cup of coffee
- 300 ml oat milk
- 250 ml coffee (any kind)
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree (I used homemade one)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 150 ml soy cream
- Mix everything (except the soy cream) together and blend them in a high speed blender. I made my own pumpkin spice mix with a little twist. I mixed cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, cloves, cardamom. From anise and cardamom use only a little otherwise they are too overpowering.
- Put them in a pan and warm it up.
- Whip the soy cream until it is like a perfect whipped cream.
- Pour the coffee in a cup and top it with the whipped cream. Sprinkle it with a little pumpkin spice.
It really brightens my morning up, and I cannot wait for my next cup! The only thing, is when it cools down, the pumpkin puree gives it a little weird texture. You just need to stir it and you’re good again. With your very own pumpkin spice latte you can avoid so much sugar. Of course, if it is not sweet enough you can always add more maple syrup or a little coconut sugar.
I hope you’ll take the time and make your very own! Believe me it tastes as good as the Starbucks one but it has real pumpkin and with less sugar! Extra point, it can be ready within the same time as if you’re waiting in the line. Enjoy it!
Have a nice time with cooking!