Chocolate orange oatmeal
Saturday so I am back with an oatmeal recipe! However, the weather is crazy around the Netherlands, which means we have so hot days like normally in the summertime. Or not even then (except this summer, which was pretty crazy warm and dry). So, even with this Indian summer, I’m all about autumn/winter flavors. Today, I’m going to share a pretty cozy and lovely oatmeal with you.
Chocolate and orange. You cannot go wrong with these flavors, especially not when they are combined together. Both have bitterness and sweetness, and they complement each other so perfectly, that you feel like heaven got into your mouth. Or your taste buds brought you there.
Besides the orange, I’ve used some oval kumquat. I don’t know how many of you know it, but it tastes similar then orange, but in a more intense way and it has a size and shape like an olive. You can eat the whole fruit. Inside it is pretty sur, but it has a very sweet skin. I was lucky enough, that in Rome on the huge balcony, there were four of these little trees, so I could snack on it anytime, and use it with cooking/baking. You can make a perfect marmalade out of it, believe me! Moreover, it’s perfect with chicken if you eat meat.
Luckily, I’ve found some at the market, so I could bring myself back to the Roman days (back to the weather, Seriously, we had this warmth there in this time of the year). Now, let’s see how Iv1 made this delish oatmeal.
- 300 ml coconut-rice milk
- 4 tbsp GF oat bran
- 2 tsp pure cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest (use ONLY organic for this)
- pinch of salt
- pomegranate seeds
- orange zest
- oval kumquat (also organic)
- vegan chocolate
- Warm the milk up and add the oat bran, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt and the orange zest. I wrote there to use organic because the skin of a citric fruit got so many chemicals to keep them fresh that it is very harmful for your health. Therefore, when you use organic, it means, they haven’t treated them with anything, so it is safe to use it in your cooking.
- Cook it until its creamy.
- Plate it in a bowl and decorate it with all of the goodies.
I can promise you, that this will warm you up even in the coldest day. Besides that, your kitchen will smell amazing! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and you make some amazing meals!
Have a nice time with cooking!