In these cold days, we are desperately need something warm. To eat, to drink, to wear. There are many heartwarming things, but I think we can all agree on that, that a warm cup of drink is pretty much in the top 5. I love to just snuggle under a blanket and drink something creamy and comforting.
The nr. 1 option always will be coffee, but I like to play around and try new things. You know that already. I have read a lot about different lattes, but those aren’t contain any coffee. You can make matcha, mushroom, golden or beetroot latte!
What is beetroot latte? Basically, beetroot juice or powder mixed with milk. However, it is not that simple. I mean it is, but there are more ingredients, which make the latte insanely delicious. First, let’s see why beetroot is so good for your body.
- It is very good for your blood pressure. It can control it very well
- Controls your blood sugar level as well
- It’s full with minerals, vitamins, iron and antioxidant
- It gives you energy without caffeine
The only thing you have to take care of, when you buy beetroot powder, to check the labels. Buy only 100% organic/biological and it should contain the green parts as well, so the whole vegetable. Now, here’s how you can make it for yourself.
- ½ tsp beetroot powder OR 30-50 ml beetroot juice
- 3 tbsp warm water (only with powder)
- 250-300 ml barista oat milk
- 1-2 tsp agave syrup (depends how sweet you want it)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Mix the beetroot powder and the warm water, until the powder dissolved completely. If you use beetroot juice, then you skip this step.
- Pour it in the milk, add the cinnamon and the agave syrup. You can use any kind of nut milk. The barista milk can give you pretty foam and creamier. That is the only reason I used that. You can even use normal milk, if you prefer that and you have no intolerance.
- If you want foam, then pout this mixture into your blender and blend it a bit OR before you add anything to the milk, pour it into a foam maker.
This drink is very delicious and healthy! You can drink it anytime of the day without any problem. If you enjoy it so much, it’s okay to take it every single day. If you want, you can have it cold as well, but then add some ice and you are good to go!
My other suggestion is that if you only want to try it first, then use the beetroot juice. Like this you don’t spend lots of money on something what you wouldn’t use afterwards. But if you are into sweet earthy, rooty and delish flavors, then it won’t be a problem at all.
Have you ever tried beetroot latte? What is your opinion about it?
Have a great time with cooking!