This weekend, I try to keep up with my blog, because there are some recipes from the Instagram, which are not up here yet. So, First, here’s my delicious oatmeal from the last weekend. I really wanted to do something with pretty different tastes. Something sweet and sour at the same time so I mixed two very different ingredients together.
These two ingredients are beetroot and cranberry! I love them both but I’ve never eaten it together. So, why not experiment and put them in one oatmeal? They tasted very delicious! Such a perfect a kicking harmony with the flavors.
Cranberry is such a good berry! It has so many benefits, that anyone can benefit from them. You can find it anywhere now fresh and you can make your own sauce, which can beat any canned ones. Here are the reasons why to eat them anyhow:
- It is full with vitamin C, A and K;
- Full with antioxidant to prevent several diseases;
- It helps to prevent urinal infections;
- Can help to slow down tumor progression;
- Contains (the berry itself) lots of fiber which can keep you feel fuller longer, so it can help with weight loose;
- Helps your gut health, it contains prebiotic, which feeds your gut bacteria;
- Helps to control your blood sugar level.
Now, I’m going to share with you this recipe to have one more on your online selves under the cranberry label.
- 200 g cranberry
- 70 ml orange juice
- 2-3 tbsp agave syrup
- 300 ml rice-coconut milk
- 4 tbsp rolled oat
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Cranberry sauce: put everything in a saucepan, turn the heat up and cook the sauce for 19 minutes. Stir it a lot. Set is aside and it will get thick while it’s cooling down.
- In another pan add the ingredients of the oatmeal and cook it until it’s creamy. Stir it constantly so it will have the perfect consistency.
- I topped it with some fresh fruits (raspberry, blueberry), fresh cranberries, quinoa puffs and the beloved cranberry sauce.
I love this combination so much, that I hope you will like it too!
How do you like your cranberry?
Have a nice time with cooking!