Now, it really is cold outside. Even minus during the night so we need some warm creamy soup so much. They are easy to make, you need only few kind of veggies, a little time, a blender and it is ready! It cannot be easier and the flavors are pretty comforting.
This carrot and sweet potato soup has kind of a sweeter side in the soup world, but with rosemary, it turns out herby and more delicious. I love how it turned out and I think it is also a good option for the coming Thanksgiving feast in the US.
- 500-600g sweet potato
- 2-3 medium carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp dry rosemary (or bit more fresh)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Oat cream
- Peel the veggies; chop the onion and the garlic. Cut the carrots and sweet potato into cubes.
- Heat up the oil, add the rosemary and the garlic. Fry it for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped onion and fry it as well.
- Add the carrot and sweet potato cubes; roast them in the pan a little.
- Add water until it covers them. (You can use vegetable stock as well!) Add salt and pepper.
- Cook it until everything is soft. Blend it until it’s creamy.
- Plate it and top it with a little oat cream to add more creaminess. .
It’s herby, creamy, comforting and delicious! You can top it with any kind of nuts, if you’re not vegan, even with bacon. It depends only on you, whatever you prefer! I hope you will like this!
Have a nice time with cooking!