The most difficult part in my new diet, is that I cannot bake as I used to do. I always used the right flour type, butter (which I think still gives the perfect taste for anything. I seriously miss it), etc. I am struggling with the cooking with gluten free flour options (which doesn’t have too strong taste), but I think I’ll be fine. The main reason is that I just made a perfectly delicious gluten and dairy free brownie!
I loved to bake previously, and I think this was one of the treats, I’ve made the most. I love how rich it is with the right quality chocolate and fudgy and sweet but not too sweet. I just love it. I’ve decided to do the one, which has no gluten, no dairy or any refined sugar in it. Luckily, this recipe turned out perfect!
I also added extra chocolate pieces and chopped pecan nut so it was crunchy as well. I was a little afraid but seriously, if you want to try this recipe, don’t worry, you won’t even notice the difference. Let’s see how you need to make it.
- 225 g 55-65% vegan chocolate
- 3 eggs (or 3 vegan eggs: 3 tbsp flaxseed meal + 9 tbsp water)
- 50 g almond flour
- 65 g cocoa powder
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 8 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g pecan nuts
- extra chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees (Celsius).
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. This is your dry mixture.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil. Stir and mix it completely together.
- Mix the eggs with the vanilla extract and the coconut sugar together, and then add the melted chocolate. This is your wet mixture.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Chop the pecan nuts and the chocolate, and then stir into the batter.
- Put a paper in the 28 x 18 cm brownie tin/pan. Pour the batter in.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes. Wait until it is completely cooled down before you cut it.
It is so easy to make and let you to not worry about any problems, if you have gluten or dairy intolerance. I can only recommend it. To be honest, I finished half of it only by myself… 😀 The rest of course I shared with others. 🙂
Have you ever tried gluten and dairy free brownies?
Have a nice time with baking!