Previously, I loved to experiment with different kind of soup. I wanted something warming, comforting but spicy as well. I wanted something which also filling me enough, so it is full with fiber, has some protein and other nutrition value. Sweet potato and lentil are just prefect for this. I wanted to use these two as the main ingredients.
When I talk about spices, I talk about a lot of them. I just like how they add extra unique taste to every single dish and you can use them on a lot of ways. This soup is also packed with them and just makes you sing in the end. It will give you the right amount of fire and warmth.
In the end this soup turned out that delicious, that I had to make it two times in a row. I just couldn’t resist it. Whoever have eaten from it, they also asked for the recipe, because they loved it a lot too. So, this is definitely a tasteful and delicious meal. It is also completely vegan and gluten free. If you also want to make it and amaze your guests just follow the recipe below!
- 300g sweet potato
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1-2 medium carrot
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 200 g pre-cooked lentil (or leftover lentils)
- 1/2 tsp smoked chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs ground ginger
- 1 tsp smoked chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- chopped parsley
- salt, pepper to taste
- Prepare the veggies: peel and cut the carrots and sweet potatoes into small cubes. Put them in a bowl. Peel the onion and chop it finely. Put it in another bowl and set it aside. Peel the garlic and chop it into small pieces as well.
- Add the oil, all of the spices and the garlic into a soup pot. Fry them for 5 minutes but be careful, don’t let them burn. If you stir them for during this time, you can avoid it.
- Add the chopped onion and cook it a little. Add the sweet potato and carrot cubes. Fry and stir them for 5 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable stock into the pot. Add some salt and pepper. Cook the vegetables until everything is tender.
- Add the pre-cooked lentils. Check if you need more seasoning. Give it a good stir.
- In the last 5 minutes, chop the parsley.
- Turn the heat off under the soup and add the chopped parsley.
It really is delicious and I can only recommend it to you! If you don’t like too spicy food, then you can add sweet pepper powder instead of chili, it depends only on you. Also, if you want it spicier, just add more chili.
Have a great time with cooking!