“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.”
This is what my grandfather had been told me every single time, when I didn’t feel like to have anything for breakfast. Everyone says that it is the most important meal of the day. I know it with my heart, but my stomach tells me differently. However, I try to make myself eat something nice every morning. Well, this granola recipe makes you to WANT breakfast every morning. 😉
In the mornings, everyone is on a rush or it can be very hectic, so my choice most of the time is a quick, healthy, nutritious but still delicious breakfast. It means that sometimes you need to prepare. You can do that on several ways, but my favorite is to bake some homemade granola. Then you just need to drop it in milk or yoghurt, add some fruits and you are good to go. It is just super delicious every single time, and when you prepare it in the weekend, you don’t need to worry for the coming weekdays.
This granola recipe is full with nuts, so it will make you be full for a while. It gives you several minerals as well, so for example, you don’t need to think about your selenium intake for the rest of the day (because of the brazil nuts). It is also so delicious, that I was snacking on it during the day. Seriously. It is dangerous. You might need to make double batch, if you like nuts and granola as much as I do.
It is also very easy to prepare; you just need an oven. With the baking it is better, if you stay close to it and not just leaving it alone, because when it reaches the point that it is baked, it can be burned very easily. So just look at it few times, when you make it. But now, here is the recipe for you!
- 1,5 cup GF oat flakes
- 30 g almond flakes
- 100 g chopped pecan nut
- 100 g chopped hazelnut
- 70 g chopped walnut
- 70 g chopped Brazil nut
- 80 g sunflower seed
- 4 tbsp chia seed
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 big tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (Celsius).
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Mix the maple syrup and the melted coconut oil together and pour it over the dry mixture.
- Mix it very well together.
- Put a baking paper on the baking sheet, and pour the granola mixture on it. Spread it over the paper equally.
- Bake it for 30 minutes (until it gets golden color).
- Take it out from the oven, turn the temperature to 170. Flip the granola and put it back to the oven for another 7-9 minutes, until it is completely golden. You really need to watch it to not be burned in these last minutes.
- Let it cool, put it in a glass jar and enjoy it!
This cannot get any easier! As I said before, I really love it even for a snack. But if you need any idea, here is one (One of my best way to eat it).
Add coconut yoghurt in a bowl, add the granola, sliced banana and frozen berries. Pour maple syrup over it and mix it well. It is such a great, crunchy and refreshing combination, that it is a perfect choice in a warmer morning. You can also use it over smoothie bowls, ice-cream, sorbet, in a parfait, basically anyhow you prefer. The most important thing, that you enjoy it!
I really hope you will give it a try, because it really makes your breakfast wonderful! It is so much better than the others from the supermarket. Trust me! 😉
Have you ever made your own granola?
Have a great time with baking!