I was a huge fan of snacks, before I have changed my lifestyle. I could eat so many unhealthy things in an evening, that I am not even surprised, that it didn’t have the best impact to my health. There were always some kind of over seasoned chips (to be honest, once in a while I still have it, but not every single evening), candies, gummy bears, seasoned, coated nuts, and I could go on. It was just not ideal for my health. So, I had to change, and I am going to share you with one of my all time favorite snack in the evenings.
This is the hummus! I love it so much, especially, when I make it for myself. It takes only 5 minutes (and cut the veggies, but you can skip that part if you don’t go fancy), and enough for w whole movie. The vegetables are always crunchy and fresh, the hummus is super tasteful, so it gives me a good feeling every single time. I would say, this is a perfect portion for two or even more, but well,
- 350 g chickpea (drained and rinsed)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- + vegetables to dip
- + extra virgin olive oil for garnish
- + chili flakes for garnish
- Blend every ingredients of the hummus in a food processor, until it’s creamy.
- Check the salt and the lemon. If you need more, feel free to add and blend it one more time. You’re the boss with seasoning!
- Serve it in a bowl and make a nice swirl on it with a teaspoon. Pour a little olive oil on it and if you like a little spiciness, then sprinkle it with chili flakes.
- Serve it with any kind of veggies, whatever you prefer. I used: red cabbage, radish, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, carrots, dried apricot, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, two kind of kale and black grapes.
As you can see it is super easy to make and you will know exactly what you are going to eat. You really don’t need to buy hummus from a store anymore! I just always buy and keep the ingredients in my pantry so I can make it whenever I feel like to!
Do you like hummus? Do you make it by yourself? What is your favorite flavor combination?