Today, this blog, Marcsi’s Plate and me have a very important day! Exactly a year ago I have started my Instagram account (@marcsisplate) where I share my gluten, dairy and refined sugar free recipes. So, this post will be a little sentimental and you also find the recipe of a DELICIOUS and easy cake, so go ahead and click to read more!
First of all: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCSI’S PLATE!!! This is one of the most exciting journey for me. When I started it, I was a little scared but still confident about it. I got my diagnosis, how I need to eat and it gave me the very last kick to finally start my own recipe share account with (I hope) beautiful photos. On the way, I have learned a lot about new recipes, food, cooking, food photography, flavors, etc. I got to know so many amazing people and more about myself. It constantly gives me goals, and I’m full with plans. I’m all about to make and reach them with full positivity and enthusiasm.
I’m just so thankful, that I have started Marcsi’s Plate. I hope I can help for people to find recipes with gluten, dairy and refined sugar free ingredients, mostly vegan, or just to show you how tasty it can be. Even if you don’t follow any of these diets but want to experience, this is a perfect place for you. I hope you all find as much joy in this as me. For me, this is my meditation, when I’m cooking, baking, setting the food up, taking photos of it, edit them, share them with you and connect with all of you. So, I’m here with another delicious and sweet recipe for you to celebrate this beautiful day!
Torta Caprese is a not so difficult, but insanely delicious cake. Its own basic recipe is gluten free by itself, so I just needed to turn it dairy and refined sugar free. This cake is so moist, chocolatery and tasty, that I just simply cannot get enough of it. When I had it, I had to stop myself to not eat all of it with one sit. It was so good, it could have been possible. :p Especially, with those huge, beautifly shaped nature wonder strawberries! Just look at them. They call everyones name to bite in them. Right?!
As I said, it is not too difficult to make it, the only thing you need to be careful is when you melt the chocolate and the butter above the steam. Now, lets get to the recipe!
For the cake:
- 200 g almond flour
- 200 g vegan chocolate (semisweet)
- 150 g vegan butter
- 150 g unrefined cane sugar
- 4 big egg
- Big pinch of salt
- + 20 cm cake tin (preferably with removable base)
For the strawberries:
- 200 g vegan chocolate
- lots of beautiful strawberry
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (Celsius).
- Put the butter (room temperature) and the chocolate in a bowl, which can handle heat and warm it up with steam (water boiling on the stove and put the bowl over it) until it is completely melted. Mix it well and let it cool.
- Separate the egg yolk and whites. Mix the yolks with the sugar and beat it with a hand mixer until it is fluffy and pale (it takes few minutes).
- Mix the salt with the flour. Mix in the egg mixture the almond flour and the chocolate with the butter.
- Beat the egg whites until it’s foamy and not runny. You can hold it upside down above your head to test it. If you did a good job, it won’t fall on your head. 😉
- Fold the egg whites into the other mixture very gently to not break it.
- Pour it in the prepared (buttered and floured) tin and bake it for 45-60 minutes. Test it with a toothpick. When it comes out clean, it’s perfect.
- Meanwhile: melt the chocolate for the strawberry. Dip them (hold the stem) in it, put them on a baking paper and let it set completely in the fridge. With the leftover chocolate drizzle a little over it.
- Decorate your cake!
This is a pretty easy, delicious and chocolatery cake what you cannot really mess up, so even if you are not a baking expert, give it a try and I can promise you, you wont regret it!
Enjoy it and Happy birthday to my blog again!