Imagine, it’s Saturday or Sunday morning, you are just craving for something warm, and sweet. Some delicious fresh fruit on your breakfast, you pour maple syrup over it, and it is just fulfilling all of your cravings. Then this is your recipe!
Even if you have gluten and dairy free diet, you can enjoy French toast. The basic ingredients are so simple to switch up to free ones, and you don’t need to sacrifice anything at all! To be honest, I love this as a dessert too in the late evenings, but I have a weird eating habit sometimes.
So, this recipe is super easy to prepare, and doesn’t take too much time. What you need to pay attention, is that how long you soak your bread in the egg mixture. I like to leave it a bit in it, then the whole toast is moist but in that case you also need to bake it well. I also like to add sugar into the mixture, because then it can caramelize and get that extra flavor. If you want to skip it or change it to other kind of sweeteners, feel free to do it.
I really love to add fruits to my French toast, especially berries. They are a bit sour, and add an extra fresh kick to the whole experience. Her, you can be all free again. Whatever fruit you prefer, it will be good with this basic recipe. If you want to go extra crazy, just scoop ice-cream on it while it’s hot.
Gluten and Dairy Free French Toast
- 6 slice GF toast
- 2 large egg
- 100 ml plant based milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cane sugar (unrefined)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch salt
- maple syrup
- Mix every ingredient of the french toast together, except the bread and the coconut oil. Beat it until it is completely combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat up a skillet pan and add 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Soak one toast bread (both sides) and fry them in the pan. Be careful with the soaking! It can fall apart if you leave the bread in it too long.
- Repeat it with the other slices. Add the other tbsp coconut oil when the other one is all absorbed.
- Make a pile pf the toasts, cut the fruits onto it and pour maple syrup over it and enjoy!
Overall, enjoy your weekend with some fresh French toast, invite your friends, or prepare it for you family, partner, or only for yourself, doesn’t matter! Add your favorites to it and enjoy!
How do you like your French toast?