I love granola basically on every kind of sweety breakfast food. Its crunchy and you really can form on your very own taste. Especially, when you make it for yourself. Personally, I love to make it at home, because it has a much better, more flavourful taste and it is just few minutes to prepare. Seriously, it takes only 5 minutes from your time and 20 minutes in the oven. Can it be any better?
Chocolate and nuts, match made in heaven
This granola has a perfect flavour combination. Chocolate and hazelnut are just perfect together. Doesn’t matter in which form, it cannot go wrong. I am a big fan of it, so I thought it can be really nice in my breakfast bowl as well, in a crunchy form. I was right. I made this granola at least 20 times already, everyone loves it. Kids, adults, friends, boyfriend, I cannot make enough, it is always gone in few days.
I love hazelnut and I’m so lucky I have no allergies, but if you do, do not worry. You can form this granola recipe for your diet. Simply, leave the hazelnut our and make the recipe on the same way. I prepared it like that multiple times as well (since where I cook, one of the kids has nut allergy).
I love it as it is, but I don’t mind any sweet taste. With the cocoa powder and the dark chocolate in it, it has a great balance. However, if you want to cut back on sugar, or don’t consume as much unrefined sugar, you can reduce the amount of maple syrup. Add only 50 ml and it will be still great!
If you’re not a maple fan, you can add agave syrup, or use date/coconut syrup as well. Even with honey it works, if you don’t mind it.
I love this granola on any kind of food, where you would use it. Mostly, when I’m in a rush or don’t want to spend too much time on it, I just pour milk over it or I scoop it over my coconut yoghurt. You can add it to your chia pudding, as a topping of your smoothie bowl or nice cream, if you have the right container, it is great on the go. Or if you’re like me, just snack it without anything, when you feel like it. Because why not?!
I really hope you got inspired and would like to make your own granola! Don’t be afraid of it, because it really is easy to make, as you can read in the recipe below. Please, let me know what you think about it and how you like it!
Chocolate Hazelnut Granola
- big bowl for mixing
- baking sheet
- 300 g rolled oats gluten free
- 20 g cocoa powder unsweetened
- pinch of salt
- 120 g chopped hazelnut* (or pecan, macadamia)
- 60 g coconut oil
- 70 g maple syrup**
- 1 tsp vanilla exctract
- 150 g chocolate chip semi dark, vegan
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oat with the cocoa powder, salt and the chopped nuts in a big bowl.
- In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil, then add the maple syrup and the vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on your baking sheet with a spoon.
- Bake it for 20-25minutes (storing half way).
- Take it out from theoven. Let it cool completely and add, mix the chocolate chip in.
- Serve it with milk, yoghurt, smoothie bowls, or basically on anything you would like to.
Have a lovely day,