The summer ended, but I’m still all about lemon and how I can use it. I love it in any form, especially in sweets/baked goods. I wanted to create a loaf packed with lemon flavor and pair it with my other favorite ingredient, which is poppy seed. That unique taste what it has will bring this cake to the next level… Trust me.
I wanted to create something completely gluten and dairy free and even without any eggs so it can be vegan as well. I have tried this recipe multiple times, baked it for other people as well, and everyone was in love with it! It’s just difficult to stop eating. It’s that delicious.
Besides that, it is also very easy to prepare. You don’t need any special technique, use just mix ingredients together and bake it in a loaf pan. Can it get any better? Well, it can! With these simple steps you will get a fluffy, gooey loaf with the perfect texture. Go, and get the recipe after the photos!
Vegan and Gluten free Lemon and Poppy Seed Loaf
- loaf pan
- 220 g GF flour mix
- 80 g almond flour
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 120 g unrefined cane sugar
- 150 g vegan butter (room temperature)
- 100 g coconut yoghurt
- 3 chia seed eggs (3 tbsp blended chia seeds + 9 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 (piece) lemon zest
- 1 (piece) lemon juice
- 120 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a loaf pan. Butter it inside and put baking paper in it.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the sugar and the butter together with a hand mixer in another bowl. Add the other wet ingredients to it and mix it well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet one. Mix it completely with your hand mixer.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan. Make the top smooth.
- Bake it for 60-70 minutes (depends on your oven, check it with a toothpick).
- Take it out and let it cool down. When it’s cold, mix the ingredients of the icing together.
- Pour it over the loaf. Wait few minutes, decorate it with lemon slices and enjoy it!
I hope you will give it a try and you will love it as much as I do!